Precise overload management guarantees a long service life and efficient operation
- According to a study by CIGRE*, winding problems are the cause of up to 45% of transformer failures.
- An increase of just 12 °C in the winding temperature drastically reduces the service life of the transformer by 75%.
- Conventional winding-temperature thermometers only offer a calculated, average depiction of the temperature profile.
- For critical and important applications in particular, precise and effective temperature management is key.
- And that is exactly why we developed the fiber-optic MSENSE® FO system.
* The Conseil International des Grands Réseaux Électriques, or International Council on Large Electric Systems, is a collaborative global community committed to the world’s leading knowledge development program for the creation and sharing of power system expertise.